Dr. Cary is a versatile and engaging speaker who involves audiences with her presentations tailored for maximum impact.
Dr. Cary is internationally known as an engaging speaker who translates the latest research in leadership into entertaining highly interactive presentations. She will readily adapt any of her presentation into a workshop format.
Her most popular presentations include Your Leadership Expedition, Leading by Asking Questions, and Using Storytelling to Engage Your Employees. Dr. Cary also facilitates strategic planning retreats and trainings both on-site and at national conferences.
She has spoken at the Harvard Macy Institute, the Women in Healthcare Leadership Summit, Mayo Clinic, National Health Service, Peking Union Medical College, Dubai Medical and Pharmacy Colleges’ Graduate Forum, and the American Association for Physician Leadership, among many others.
Dr. Cary customizes each presentation for your needs; she asks about your objectives, details about your audience and the challenges they face. She reads your literature and interviews your organizations’ leaders, audience and vendors, so she can personalize her presentation.
For information on how Dr. Cary can create a stellar presentation for your next event, call phone (202) 403-1966.
Dr. Cary has spoken at:
- American Association for Physician Leadership
- Association of American Medical Colleges leadership conference
- The California Telehealth and Telemedicine Center (now California Telehealth Resource Center)
- Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa
- Dubai Medical College's ATHAR, Medical and Pharmacy Colleges' Graduate Forum
- Dubai Hospital
- Gates Cambridge
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- George Washington University
- Harvard Macy Institute
- Health 2.0, in the heart of Silicon Valley
- Healthcare Information & Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Mayo Clinic
- MedStar’s Institute for Innovations Annual Conference
- The National Health Service (UK)
- Peking Union Medical College
- UC Berkeley School of Public Health “Innovative Leaders” series
- Women in Healthcare Leadership Summit
About Dr. Cary
Dr. Margaret Cary is a senior executive, physician, educator, professional speaker, author, facilitator and executive coach who combines broad management and patient care experience in health care, information technology and the media.
- phone (202) 403-1966
- email drcary (at) thecarygroupglobal (dot) com
Fine-tuning high-emotion healthcare services can make a big difference in patients’ satisfaction and outcomes. Patients’ emotions influence their quality and value ratings as well as what they tell their friends. High-emotion healthcare includes services related to major life events, some of which are at the top of the Holmes and Rahe scale of stressful life events that can contribute to […]
Dr. Margaret Cary helps a distressed stranger and recalls one of the main reasons she went into medicine. “My papers…my paaaapers.” I was at a Falls Church superstore checkout counter when I heard her cry. My first reaction to nonthreatening inappropriate sounds is to ignore them and leave the area as soon as possible. “My […]
What is it about physicians? The stereotype of the brilliant and bold surgeon who reigns over the operating room whose mantra is “A chance to cut is a chance to cure.” The ever-smiling pediatrician wearing a bowtie with small elephant on his stethoscope. And the pipe-smoking psychiatrist, steeped in Freud and saying little. None of […]